Monday, June 4, 2012

Greetings From The Outdoor Shower at 99 Steps


Here is an update on 99 Steps to the beach. One of the favorite things that guest love is the outdoor shower. Private..... but the warm sun or big ol' moon shine down from above.

The path to the shower
the stairs go up to the tiny deck

The shower head is a copper magnolia. It has lost several of it' s petals and leaves so I need to get it restored and polished


                                                                   looking back toward the screen porch with the door open

                                                                      mirror mirror on the wall...............complete with fun hooks
                                                              I need to get the beachy keen green paint off of the leaf.. 

the beach is not the beach with out a bit of pink!!!!~
I love the hydrangea's blue against the" beachy keen green"
spooky standing guard over the porch
the door to nowhere....love the hooks (urban outfitters)
sweet dream above my head..this was a carousel  seat back from the old Pawleys  island merry go round 1929.
this all came with me from 'A  Bohemian cottage' when I moved.
(When you move take the things you love and you will quickly feel at home in  your  new space)

added a shoe closet to look as if it had always been there

my cowgirl hat for a curtain hold back..
my favourite new thing. I bought it a 'weekend ' market on the light house grounds last month. It is a  paper weight but HOW did they make it?
My suite case is packed for an upcoming road trip. I have some headboards and some old window to deliver to some new friend's.

At the beach.. "the perfection is in the imperfection".....
Works for me!!!!

10 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love your photos! So beautiful and beachy!

Jane said...

Beautiful! I love the orange cabinet...
That settles it...I am painting my little desk ORANGE. At least I'll smile when I see it...
Jane

Dixie Delights said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that headboard!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

you magical being, you! Love knowing that headboard was on a carousel ride! Every corner is infused with joy...or wit!

Ummm....and if you hear singing coming from the shower...

its just me!

Katy said...

Jane I just love all your hooks, knobs, and handles. Too cute!

I have to email you about the Tybee cottage. I'm still working with the architect and trying to get a variance out of the building department. Seriously -- I had no idea what I was getting into, but I'm still excited. :)

tammy j said...

i love everything you do!
you're a master at using color and the little things that matter!
and i'm kind of a minimalist.
don't like lots of kitchy stuff...
but you use just enough to make it cozy but not cluttered or overwhelmingly "cute." perfect. all your cottages. perfection.
love love love your style!
tammy j

Unknown said...

thanks you so much!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the coral knobs -- so sweet!


Charlie @ Match Made On Hudson

James Wall said...

Its looks something like an classic one. I like outdoor shower which are great to have it.

American Sanitation Inc said...

Love those colors. Outdoor activities is really amazing and fun with there's an outdoor shower and portalet. It's an easy access. Keep sharing!

American Sanitation Inc | <a href="http://american-sanitation.com/>portable toilets Vacaville, CA<a/>