Friday, October 28, 2011

Slipcovers, Starfish, Surf boards And Wooden Painted Ceilings

A progress report on the new project...a large beach house on Tybee Island.
It takes more of everything to design a large beach house.. more bedrooms, more bathrooms, more bed linens, more  chairs,  more tables and  more sofas.... so many  stairs , nooks and cranny's and porches to design............................
The living room and dining room has a mix of the owners "bargain hunting" finds. They are all interesting pieces but don't exactly work together. Found some bargain fabric to slipcover the two wing chairs for the wonderful dining table ........... still pondering the finished product for the living room...Creative juices are flowing..I Love a challenge!
 Sea Grass rugs are on the way and things are primed and ready for COLOR COLOR and more Color. Headed that way this morning so I had to dream last night in Technicolor...............


So far we have......................

great transoms  above every door ..a perfect place for a star fish or two.. the owners had several Bellamy painting so I snatched them off their walls in town and hung them all at Tybee

they loved this fabric so we slipcovered a tired club chair the previous owners left behind.. did not have quite enough fabric so I added something I had in "THE" fabric closet (my office)


this room needs soft linen panels( IKEA has  Great ones) to soften the strong lines of the blinds
NOTE When you design a bed room PLAN a wall for beds !!!!

the great surf board stands in the hallway ready to take off to the beach to "shoot the curl"
a beautiful painted wooden ceiling in a bedroom...Wake up . Open your eyes and Look up.. and you know it will be a great day!!!!


nice wooden walls and a soft beach glass painted ceiling  ( I am pondering the headboard... I know it will appear any moment)


great porch ceilings

great porches

this was the tile back splash ...... the counter tops are corian (beach glass is the color)

euros are ready and the twin and queen beds in this room are ready for guest
To be continued..............

11 comments:

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Love the beadboard on the stair risers, what an excellent idea!!!!

S
xo

Kathi said...

Gasp! I am in LOVE with your design here! Wonderful colors!

Katy said...

I love the ceilings and the door transoms. So lovely! I'm closing on a house on Tybee next month, but it's a wreck of a cottage and I may tear it down and rebuild (using everything I can salvage from the current place of course)

I saw the little information booth by the pier, so darling! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Love the wall color, I am in love with the orange and blue hints throughout.

Tybee Dreaming said...

Love all the colors and of course the view

Stephanie said...

The wall color in the bedroom is outstanding - I assume one of yours, which one? : )

Kathy said...

Looks wonderful! Just picked up a copy of cottage style and you are all over this issue! Delightful cottages over and over again.

AndeM1 said...

I love this...if I ever....ever win the lotto....you, Jane Coslick, will be decorating it.....(I hope!)......
Andrea

Mary @ Sea Quilts said...

I love the little addition to the chair's slipcover. Perfection.

I want YOUR job.
Mary

Tiffany said...

Beautiful.

Reenie said...

Love it ~ I wanna stay there :)