Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I took the day off to "smell the hydrangea's"  and drink cucumber water.. My son and daughter-in-law gave me this beautiful hand blown pitcher as a gift for Mother's Day from http://www.draytonglassworks.com/
I snapped this photo just before I drank all the water and devoured the watermelon and fresh mint they also brought.


I have been so busy working that I have not had a moment to blog or catch up and everyone latest entries. I am finishing up several projects, so after this week I will have time to share all the projects, send out the bills,  take a walk  ,ride my bike, and have some fun.
  Fluffy is taking a hard look at me so I snapped her photo in the gazebo along with a few others..
I am having a party for my friend's daughter who is getting married on the 4th of June. " A Bohemian Cottage",my cottage, is on the tour of homes that day so I am trying to plan ahead  and be prepared for both of the events...............in my "spare" time.
The edge of the pond looks about ready..............the water lilies are blooming and there is weeding that needs to be done.
The cats love the garden and I am so happy when I am here...........weeding or sitting or "pondering"....... it is my happy place for sure. I gave Sissy a bit of catnip on the old palm bark for fun and exercise.................


A close up of the gazebo with the new addition........


my new/old chandelier. It hung in Fish Camp Cottage for years while I lived there. It was my first purchase from Anthropology's and I had almost forgotten I had it .  ............Nothing like a party or the Tour of Homes to whip me into shape............ Below are my latest"find" at the local thrift shop. Brand new, heavy duty ..  4 black director chairs with white canvas seats  ....perfect for the party.. no spray paint needed......
More folding chairs and tables ( so nice when one lives in a small cottage....) 
Under the shade of the crape myrtle and by the gazebo....

Here is a shot of Spooky through the windows I put in the privacy fence..by the way, the curtain rod is an old broom handle ( recycle..recycle.. recycle)

The neighbors just loved it when I did this....it was for the kitties.. but it did make for friendlier neighbors......If I want privacy I just close the wonderful  curtain made from Sunbrella Fabric.... Simple,White and invincible!!!!!





2 comments:

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

A little bit of heaven on earth - though Fluffy seems to want a word ...

Simple Daisy said...

Everything looks so nice!! I would "love" to live in a little bohemian cottage! How cute:)