Wednesday, July 7, 2010

One of my Favorite Things


Next Cottage...............

......Old kitchen needed a face lift ..the valence over the sink ...hides a fluorescent light... the old kitchens of the 50's and 60.... not fancy but meets the basic needs of a kitchen....
Gut the kitchen..so much stress and expense...... !!!!!!!

This is LESS painful, LESS expensive . and LESS invasive. I painted the backs of the cabinets purple once I removed some of doors to update. Instead of removing the cabinets completely , I painted and added a detail and changed the knobs to red coral knobs .
Color is everywhere...sheetrock walls and sooooooooo much Luscious color.... Ooozing colors from every nook and cranny .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have certainly made the most of the scallops! The nautilus is perfect.

More photos?

Kathi said...

I can't WAIT to see what you do with this one!

Carriage House Antiques said...

are we going to get to see? thanks for the email re the fish cushions I know how busy you are and it made my day that you took the time to let me know! Now I have to go get me some!!
Natalie

Tootie said...

I love this idea, would love to see the rest of the room.